Who is Aerosure for?
REVITIVE Aerosure is a Class I medical device that is suitable for use in the following patient groups:
what is Aerosure's class 1 intended purposes?
Speak to your pharmacist to find out how REVITIVE Aerosure is a hand-held device intended to allow people to:
- Reduce shortness of breath and relieve breathlessness with regular use
- Increase respiratory fitness with regular use
- Improve mucus and phlegm clearance
While other breathing devices are available, Aerosure is unique in that it is designed to overcome the performance limitations of some other PEP devices as it is electrically driven.
Other comparable devices are dependent on the user holding the product at the correct angle and achieving the correct exhalation pressure in order to prove effective. As Aerosure is electrically driven it is effective regardless of the position of the device and pressure generated by the user.
REVITIVE Aerosure should not be used by people who:
- Are pregnant
- Have epilepsy
- Have acute sinusitis or an active nosebleed
- Are coughing up blood (active haemoptysis)
- Currently have or previously had a collapsed lung (Pneumothorax)
- Currently have a blood clot in the blood vessels in the lungs (Pulmonary Embolism)
- Have enlarged veins in the walls of the oesophagus (oesophageal varices)
- Have abnormally high pressure in the skull and brain (raised intracranial pressure)
- Have recently had thoracic (chest) or upper gastro-intestinal tract (duodenum, stomach, oesophagus) surgery or trauma until completely healed
- Have abnormally high or low blood pressure, very slow or very fast heart rate (haemodynamic instability), including severe right-sided heart failure with hypotension
If you are unsure of the suitability of Aerosure for you or are unsure about the cause of your symptoms, you should seek medical advice.